GLOBE GETS HEAVY WITH GOJIRA
Globe Shoes lays it down again featuring a new collaboration with the heaviest, most kick ass metal band ever to come out of France-Gojira-who hail from the same region as Globe’s European headquarters.
Globe’s powerhouseSuperfly hi-top shoe is the canvas for this collaboration and like the band’s latest release, The Way of All Flesh; it’s an intense, brutal, and dark shoe-reflective of the immortality of the soul. The band created this ‘la nuit’ black version of the Superfly as a representation of the band’s musical and philosophical ethos. The Gojira Superfly comes in black-pebbled leather with silver metallic accents, has a Velcro anklestrap for extra support and a partially recycled rubber cupsole.
“The guys from Gojira have got to be some of the most laidback and unassuming guys you will ever meet, but when they get on stage the transformation and energy is amazing,” says Matt Wong, President, Global Product for Globe. Adding, “We are stoked to be able to extend our friendship with Gojira with the co-creation of a shoe that typifies what the band is all about.”
Gojira vocalist/guitarist, Joseph Duplantier puts it simply, “Now you can walk in our shoes.”
Fresh off the heels of their successful and critically acclaimed first US headlining tour, Gojira is currently touring with Metallica to support the first half of their North American fall tour. The band will also be headlining their own shows between Metallica dates.
Gojira/Metallica Show Dates are:
* Indianapolis, IN – Conseco Fieldhouse
* Sep. 19 – Montreal, QC – Bell Centre
* Sep. 20 – Montreal, QC – Bell Centre
* Sep. 28 – San Antonio, TX – AT&T Center
* Sep. 29 – Dallas, TX – American Airlines Cente
* r Oct. 01 – Ft. Lauderdale, FL – Bank Atlantic Center
* Oct. 03 – Tampa, FL – St. Pete – Times Forum
* Oct. 04 – Atlanta, GA – Phillips Arena
* Oct. 12 – Winnipeg, MB – MTS Centre
* Oct. 13 – Minneapolis, MN – Target Center
* Oct. 15 – Cleveland, OH – Quicken Loans Arena
* Oct. 17 – Charlottesville, VA – JPJ Arena
* Oct. 18 – Charlotte, NC – Charlotte Bobcats Arena
Gojira’s latest album, “The Way of All Flesh,” debuted at number 138 on Billboard and number 1 on Billboard’s new artist chart. Their album, “From Mars to Sirius,” was recently named one of the “21 Best Metal Albums of the 21st Century,” by MetalSucks.com. The band has toured North America with Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, In Flames, Machine Head, Trivium and Behemoth, among others.
You can learn more about Gojira and their tour schedule here: http://www.gojira-music.com/